Thursday 30 September 2010

Whatever 2


I couldn't actually find the original files so I had to scan one of the printed issues. It made the artwork looks extra gritty, which I think actually work in it's favour. 

In Whatever 2 we wanted to explore Beatrix' real life and find out what kind of life can create such a bizarre and demented child. The result was hands down the darkest story I've ever written with some amazing art from Sally. It was so dark that one review tore us apart for being mean spirited and vicious for the sake of it. I stand behind this story, but I doubt we'll go in that direction again any time soon in future installments of Whatever (and yes, a new story is on the way, after over six years!).

Whatever 2 is a triple feature including some more "traditional" Whatever humour for balance.

Enjoy.

--Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment